Tuesday, July 13, 2010

They Just Keep Sucking Me Back In...

Voice Inside Jen's Head: Pretty much done with this whole owning my own law firm thing. I'm ready for the next thing and don't want to spend what little brain energy I have on marketing and accounting. Instead I shall spend this energy on reading up on aid programs and meeting people who are already doing the work.

Random guy at the restaurant where I work: You're a lawyer? Really? I'm working on starting my own company and already developed a robotic prototype. Could you do the business filings?

Jen: Sure, let's meet up next week and talk numbers. I can definitely help.

Random guy number 2 at the restaurant where I work
: You're a lawyer? Really? I'm starting up an import business, could you prepare two trademark applications for the start up?

Jen: Sure, sounds exciting. I can definitely help.

Voice Inside Jen's head: $$ cha-ching, cha-ching $$. I shall stash away the money that I charge for these services so that I can pay my expenses in a few months when I volunteer for an aid agency.

Now, to just get paid....

Oh, also, for those of you following this blog (and by "all" I mean my mom) Kate has requested a correction to the Salsa post. Apparently I forgot to mention that in addition to the two bottles of wine, pizza and french fires we also consumed an order of fried calamari (oh, and the blueberry beer). I'm glad we got that all straightened out.

Good Day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, believe it or not, every corner I turn to start a new life, I land back up in a social workie thingie. My goal this year is to start a not for profit organization. I already have the professionals I need involved in helping along. I'll be gathering hearing aids that are no longer being used or stuck in someone's night time dresser. I plan to provide the aids to children and adults who h dont have access to hearing aids due to their lack of finances and/or insurances (which only medicaid fully covers).
    I have several audiologists who will initially do freebie programmings for the clients and fit them properly, but I will eventually need finances to get the manufacturers of the aids to clean and fix the aid. I'm extremely resourceful and hope to get the audiologists to get the aids fixed very cheaply or for free.
    This has been a big dream of mine.
    Everyone has a right to hear.
    pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that really sounds amazing! It's great to know that there are other people out there that are willing to just change things up and move in another direction.

    Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you know people with hearing aids sitting around or (god forbid) someone passed that wore hearing aids....give them my email addy to contact me pearltf1@verizon.com
    thanks.
    I'm always feeling like I need to shake things and change things and I accept the fact that I'll never make lots of money. But I'm grateful for all the people in my life.
    you my dear, are going to be a big hit! I can feel it
    pearl

    ReplyDelete